Assistants: Joe, Georgette, Susan
When you take a class at Lenore’s, you will learn how to prepare all aspects of vegan cooking, fermented foods, conscious protein choices, and living foods. Recognize how foods affect your moods, appeal to the senses and how to use them to achieve greater balance.
Don’t worry, you won’t be leaving with an empty stomach! A light, balanced organic meal will be served. We use only purified water and organic ingredients and never use sugar, dairy, meat or chemicalized ingredients in our recipes.
- Taste high quality, healthy ingredients and find out where to get them.
- Enjoy Lenore’s fun, conversational teaching style and her clear, step-by-step instruction.
- Learn short cuts and countless “tricks of the trade”.
- Treat yourself to exhaustively-researched kitchen tools, knives and cookware
at the school store.
- Discover how to organize your kitchen and appreciate how efficient your cooking will become.
- Tour our demonstration organic vegetable garden and our sustainable and dramatic solar home See WNC Green Building Directory article.
what people are saying
about our classes
- "You are a walking wealth of information on health and healing." ~ Betty J.
- "Your enthusiasm was contagious!" ~ Pat R.
- "I feel very motivated to take better care of myself and my family without being overwhelmed. Thank you." ~ Wendy W.
- "Your recipes were delicious and easy to make - easier than I thought they would be. I will sign up for another class." ~ Helen B.
- "Your genuine warmth and sincerity, and your love for what you do and for all of your students just makes you radiate!" ~ Amy
- "I am extremely happy to be around people involved in this way of life. I enjoyed learning, helping and cutting before classes." ~ Rebecca R.
- "My food tastes better these days. My meals are more balanced." ~ Margaret B.
Workshop: 10 - 11:30 am (1 1/2 hrs)
Class: 10 am - 12:30 pm
(2 1/2 hrs)
Check payable to Lenore's Natural Cuisine
Enrollment is limited to 14, so register early!
postal address and send registration to:
164 Ox Creek Rd.
Weaverville, NC 28787
directions to Lenore's Natural Cuisine
Please notify us before class if you will not be able to attend. There are several options in case of cancellation:
- We will send you the recipes for the cancelled class.
- You can send a substitute in your place.
- Class fees are fully transferable to another class up to one week prior to class.
- Class fees are refundable up to one week prior to class, less a cancellation fee of $10 for a class or $5 for a $20 workshop.
- If we cancel the class or workshop, we will refund your payment to you.
join the staff
Join Lenore's cooking staff!
Current 2019 Class Schedule
Saturday, February 2, 10-11:30 am "Making Elderberry Syrup & Heart-Supportive Hawthorn-Infused Vinegar" - $20 Elderberry Syrup is a powerful immune-supportive herbal remedy.
- Prevents and stops colds and flus in their tracks!
- Easy to make using optimal preparaion tips
- 10 times less expensive than store purchased
Hawthorn-Infused Vinegar is a delightful way to protect your heart and dress your salad.
Saturday, February 23 10-1 "Divine Soups" - $45 ALearn the basics of make-ahead meals: High protein • Mineral-rich • Quick-cooking • Flavorful! All new soup recipes
- Smoky Apple Butternut Squash Soup
- Curried Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Red Lentil Arame Sea Veggie Soup
- Tuscan Rosemary White Bean-Mushroom Soup
- Multi-Bean Soup
Saturday, Spring 2019, 10-11:30 am "Naturally-Fermented Sauerkraut Workshop" - $20 All thriving, traditional cultures eat fermented foods. Do you? Learn the art of making your own lively, tangy and delicious sauerkraut in this hands-on workshop. You will discover that fermented foods are brimming with probiotics and 26 other health benefits!
Add-On Module (to the Sauerkraut Workshop), Spring 2019, 11:30 - 12 noon "Fermented Beet Kvass Drink" - $10 Effervescent Beet Kvass is an invigorating, fermented beverage with no added sugar! You will love this flavorful, rejuvenating and healthier alternative to kombucha.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (Summer Term): June & July, 2019 "Exploring Healthy Habits"
Held on the campus of UNC Asheville, Reuter Center, Manheimer Room, 300 Campus View Road, Asheville, NC 28804 (Registration required. 6 weeks)
Seating is limited so check to see if there is room and register early!